Travel to Germany
With effect from 19 September, 2021, the Federal Republic of Germany no longer lists Zimbabwe as a Country with a significantly elevated risk of infection (high risk area).
However, EU-wide travel restrictions remain in place when entering Germany from Zimbabwe.
Who is exempted from the entry restrictions?
- German citizens or members of their immediate family (spouses, children under 18, parents of children under 18)
- EU citizens and citizens of Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Norway and Iceland and the members of their immediate family (spouses, children under 18, parents of children under 18)
- citizens of non-EU countries who have a current long-term residence permit from an EU or Schengen country and their immediate family members, as long as they comply with passport and visa regulations
- fully vaccinated people (please see “What rules apply for fully vaccinated people?”) as long as they comply with passport and visa regulations
- people with important reasons to travel -as long as they comply with passport and visa regulations-, such as:
- urgent needs for travel (please see: “What constitutes an urgent need for travel?”)
- certain business travellers, trade fair visitors and exhibitors, participants of congresses etc. (please see: “Which skilled and highly qualified foreign workers are permitted to enter Germany from a non-European foreign country?”)
- unmarried partners under certain circumstandes (please see the section “Under what circumstances are unmarried partners permitted to enter Germany for short-term visits from third countries which are not on the safe list, and what special provisions apply?” in Section IV of the FAQ-list on the website of the Federal Ministry of the Interior, for Building and Infrastructure
- residents of a country who are allowed unrestricted entry into Germany (please see the list of countries here)
All visa appointments (Long term-D visa and Short term- Schengen visas) as well as German passport applications can only be booked EXCLUSIVELY through our online appointment booking System.
Selecting Your Visa Type:
Zimbabwean or non-EU nationals need a visa in order to enter Germany.
The type of visa you require depends on how long you plan to stay. Are you planning a short visit to Germany, e.g. for a holiday? Or would you like to stay longer, e.g. to attend university?
Please choose how long you are planning to stay.